Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Monday, June 9, 2008

Not Once, but Twice



Today was Morgan's 4 month checkup. Not only did I take Morgan (!) I pulled Ethan and Landon into the mix as well. Waiting with three children is a challenge, especially when Landon decides before we even make it back to the exam room that he has to use the potty.
As we were waiting for the doctor to make her grand appearance, I told Ethan - "Say, hurry up, doctor!" My obedient (shock) son repeated what I said - very loudly. Of course, I hurriedly told him, "Shh!" Now, why in the world do we parents tell our children to do something only to have them actually do something when we really didn't mean for them to do something!?! Did ya get all that? It was one of my "what were you thinking?" mom moments.
Finally, the doctor made it into the "wee room with four boring walls and NO toys" and proceeded to "do her thing". Once again, Landon told me he needed to use the restroom, so I raced out of the room with the boys while the helpful doctor showed off the baby (naked except diaper, of course). Wonder if they will charge extra for all the help they provided me??
If only I had known how exciting my day had been before climbing out of bed, would I have actually made that climb or just stayed in bed?....I would have gotten up! I found out that I have a healthy baby girl and three well-behaved children (well, for the most part!)
Here is the run down of all my kids at four months old:

Morgan: 16 pounds 4 ounces
26 1/2 inches long

Landon: 17 1/2 pounds
26 1/2 inches long

Ethan: 19 pounds 2 ounces
26 1/2 inches long

5 comments:

skier1998 said...

LOL. I really enjoyed reading your post. It helps me realize all I have to look forward to when more kids come along. :-) I liked the pictures too. That is definitely something my husband would do with our kids too!

CALISTA said...

Fun pictures! Magnus loves riding on our tractor too, but hasn't had the bucket ride yet. =) His day will come though, I'm sure! (I like riding up there and waving all around like a beauty queen wanna-be.. ha ha! Hope the neighbors can't see that far.) I was really surprised that all your kids were the same length at 4 months! That's pretty neat! Looks like little Morgan might be beating up on some older brothers soon!

loree2000 said...

Kiddos....they can say some of the cutest things at the wrongest time! :D

Vonnie said...

So Ethan was the biggest at 4 months... they were all the same length. I can't believe all of Morgan's hair. It's so cute!!

Kim M. said...

I can relate with you about the doctor visits. Not my most favorite thing at all. I have learned to take stuff in my purse and we still run out of things to do sometimes!
Love the pictures! Now you know my kids would love that bucket ride.