Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Little Bit of Heaven on Earth

Shawn was wanting to make a trip to visit his grandparents (Earl & Betty Newton). After finding out that "now" would be the best time to go, we had less than a week to get ready and then we were off! It really was a terrific time...the boys enjoyed fishing, camping, four-wheeling and having countless Bible stories read to them by their great-grandparents. Morgan enjoyed the monkey that would make noise while kicking it legs, the very realistic snake (Eww!), and receiving extra attention. I enjoyed the sun, reading, Morgan's really long naps(!) and yummy food prepared by Shawn's grandmother and his Uncle David & Aunt Sharon. Shawn's Uncle Jeff stopped by for a visit, too. Also, Shawn watched the kiddos while Sharon and I went on a shopping spree for one day! Fun! Shawn and I were able to join the Newton's Youth Group when they were going ice skating. That was so relaxing! So, there you have it. Here is a taste (in photos) of what went down...the first couple photos are of the baskets filled with new goodies for the kiddos from my mom - complete with photo "name" tags...


Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown
(Couldn't resist this quote...how fitting for the picture above! We love you, David!)










You don't choose your family.
They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
~Desmond Tutu

5 comments:

CALISTA said...

I really enjoyed all of these pictures! My grin broadened when I got to the ones of the boys chillin' in the car with their silly faces! That looked like such a fun little (well, long, actually!) trip, glad you guys got to go! Joe just told me yesterday that he's arranged (with the owner of the Learjet he flies) for Magnus and I to get to spend next week in Dallas with him! Rodeo and ranch life, here we come! =) I'm just so ready to have us back together as a family for a while, wherever we're at!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! RING-A-MA-JIGS! It's been forever since I've seen those!

Looks like you had a ton of fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I feel a little jealous, but so glad you got to go.
Love, Sheryl, Mom, Nana

Anonymous said...

Such a cute "travelogue" of pics of your family. The kids are, as always, adorable and so funny. They must have some terrific personalities, huh? See you soon.

Vonnie said...

What wonderful memories!!