Today we are remembering my sister
Sarah Janene Kuhn
11.28.1986 - 8.7.1987

11.28.1986 - 8.7.1987

As a toddler of 3 yrs. and then even a teen, I had never really grasped the feeling (can I use that phrase?) of losing a child. No, I haven't experienced it, but I now understand a bit more since I have 3 children of my own. Shawn came to the conclusion that he wanted to name our own baby girl in memory of my sister. I thought about that and later came to the same decision of how wonderful that would be. If we named our baby Sarah, every time we mentioned her name we would be reminded of God's love and the awesome fact that because of my parents strong love in that God, brought them through the toughest time in their life.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a wonderful example and also for giving so much of your wonderful love to my Sarah - Sarah Morgan. And by God's grace, maybe one day they will meet! Neat, huh?!

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a wonderful example and also for giving so much of your wonderful love to my Sarah - Sarah Morgan. And by God's grace, maybe one day they will meet! Neat, huh?!
O Love divine, that stooped to share
Our sharpest pang, our bitterest tear,
On Thee we cast each earthborn care;
We smile at pain while Thou are near.
When drooping pleasure turns to grief,
And trembling faith is changed to fear,
The murmuring wind, the quivering leaf
Shall softly tell us Thou art near!
On Thee we fling our burdening woe,
O Love divine, forever dear,
Content to suffer while we know,
Living and dying, Thou art near!
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Our sharpest pang, our bitterest tear,
On Thee we cast each earthborn care;
We smile at pain while Thou are near.
When drooping pleasure turns to grief,
And trembling faith is changed to fear,
The murmuring wind, the quivering leaf
Shall softly tell us Thou art near!
On Thee we fling our burdening woe,
O Love divine, forever dear,
Content to suffer while we know,
Living and dying, Thou art near!
Oliver Wendell Holmes

6 comments:
beautiful post
A wonderful way to remember your sister - everyday in your daughter.
Thanks for sharing. I thought about Sarah a lot yesterday--August 7th has never been the same for me since having my own children.
This is so precious.
Just found your post -- so beautiful! Love you, Melly! Aunt Melly
This is just a reply to your comment on my blog.
Don't worry I have laughed at myself a lot in the last week . . . it was funny how one morning of me being the "teacher" to my own (very-much-stubborn-like-her-mother) daughter, made me totally re-think all my home school philosophy. ;>) Life has a way of keeping us learning, doesn't it?
Hope you all are doing well and enjoying the beginning of your first Fall in your house.
Post a Comment