Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1 Birthday Down

Ethan Chandler is now a big six year old. Since Ethan wanted Spiderman theme for the big day, I was surfing for ideas. Ugh. Nasty. Creepy. Spiderman is NOT handsome. His costume designer must not have been too great. So I asked Ethan if he would like to have a Policeman party (MawMaw had gotten play policeman gear for the boys at Christmas - a hit!)
and he was quite pleased with that idea. (Whew!) Coffee and Donuts were a hit! (and might I add - super easy.)


Our oldest "baby" is reading -- MY ABEKA BOOKS. Just today he read to me one that had "Melly" printed on the front. He does not care to go to school. He says he gets hungry (which is probably an excuse since we know what all he eats during the day) and is super grumpy in the mornings (although an early bedtime works wonders) and he also knows that Landon and Morgan still get to go to MawMaw's house while Mommy teaches lessons. :-) But, he really likes to read and count and is quoting little sayings and....you get the idea. He likes it, just doesn't like to miss out on all the fun stuff going on without him.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?! Next year I will have 4 in school!

Liz said...

Coffee and donuts is a great birthday idea! Nice break for mommy on the whole cake creativity thing too! My sweet girl turns 6 next week - can't believe it either. . . Nice to catch up a little!

Anonymous said...

I remember those little books!!!!! Ah, warm fuzzy memories.