Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hearts & Love

Found this fun idea (below on right) online and decided to make one myself ---
And I had an extra frame so I made this one (below on left) to put in the kids bathroom ---
Don't know if any of you remember the board I made for our living room to hold all the Christmas cards we receive...then I did a Thanksgiving project for it in November with the family and now we did a Valentine theme for February.
Wanting my kids to memorize God's Word, I decided on 1 Corinthians 13 as our project. We traced out hearts, used sticky-back foam to cut smaller hearts, circles (well, something that resembles a circle!) and squares (definitely easier than circles!). I added the phrases found in this chapter that represents what love is/is not.
Example: Love beareth all things....love believeth all things...love hopeth all things...and so on.

I was excited when I found Valentine ribbon left over from last year. The kids whole punched the hearts and I attached to ribbon....and now here it is on the board.


Although we just would say these verses aloud, at least they were familiarizing themselves with God's Word.

Hobby Lobby supplied me with the decor for my candle holder...

_______________
I realized the pictures I took of our Valentine's Day Cards and Meal never made it from the card to the computer...oh, well. I'll at least jot down what we did so our family can remember.

My mom was here last week so she was able to help the kids and I make their Valentine cards....owls that had a pencil attached. It said, "I'll owl-ways be your friend." (Found in Family Fun Magazine) Landon surprised us by wanting to sign his name plus Morgan's (Mom told him the letters) on a lot of them. It was such fun having my mom be with us during that project.

On the 14th, I made heart shaped rice krispie treats. I already have a plastic 'heart themed' bowl to use for strawberry (pink) covered raisins, a white dish with red cherries on it, and red square plates for the main course. I read the munchkins 3 books about love after our meal.
_______________

Here is a flashback of 2.14.2008: Ham & Bean Soup with HEART shaped corn muffins and yummy cupcakes...Morgan was eight days old.


3 comments:

Sherry Sherron said...

Thanks for catching us up on all your families recent excitement. Congratulations on the new little blessing. Enjoy them now for they grow up so fast. Seems like yesterday mine were that age and now I'm waiting on grandchild #4 in just a couple of weeks. BTW I love the frame idea and the "seasons" board. Both something I will pass along to my family. Have a great day with the clan!

Julia said...

So creative...and with a newborn to boot...girl you are amazing.

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

I am here via Sheltering Tree, lovely and very personal blog. Thanks for sharing these lovely pics of kids and big LOl
Best regards
keep inform
I just joined in
phil