Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ethan's Prayer and Landon's Craziness


Are you glad we are past all the ugly Halloween decor?! I am. This picture was actually taken last year. The boys had dressed up and gone to a few friends. We didn't do anything this year. Didn't feel like it.

I wanted to share with you a funny story. :-) Ethan usually prayers at meal time and it is a very short prayer. Well, he has started praying some very long prayers. "Help us to go to sleep and wake up when it's sunny, help the lion eat the snake, help....." and so on. Well, a couple days ago, Landon was trying to be patient, but finally had enough and said in his own language, "Amen!" Ethan droned on. Landon bowed his head again and squinted his eyes, and after a moment, took a bite of food. The prayer continued until Landon again said, "Amen!" Whew! Ethan was finally done! It was a cute moment.

Landon is my mischievous one. The other day I found a huge section of books all pulled off and on the floor in a pile. He didn't even act remorseful when I corrected him. Then, I found him later sitting on the bathroom floor with all the q-tips dumped beside him - except the one that was sticking out of his ear! Grr! He loves putting stuff in his ears. We have had to use tweezers more that once...to get a rock and play-do out. Aren't kids grand?!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Cutest boys in the world! I forgot to tell you that Landon said "stinky" today. Of course he had 3 times in 1 hour to try the word out!

Anonymous said...

So absolutely cute. Sort of reminds me of Katie's long prayers telling the Lord to "help her mommy not get stopped by the police and then they would have to drive daddy's junky ole truck" and she would pray on and on and on. Kids come up with the cutest things. Your boys are adorable. Love you, Grandma Sankey

Kim M. said...

Adorable pictures!!! Cute about the prayer! I can certainly relate....
Ryan had been telling me all week that he wanted to go to Grammy's house. Finally after bugging me to death about it, he prayed "dear Jesus, please help Mommy to go to Grammy's" Justin likes to pray really long prayers too. I think he thinks it makes him more pious or spiritual or something because he always says "how was that Mom?"