Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Thursday, September 4, 2008

So long, 6 months. Hello, 7 months




























A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world.

It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in it's path. - Agatha Christie




Our household has been blessed to have Morgan in our lives for seven months (on Saturday)! She is totally into holding her own bottle (for which I am thankful) and loving a few different baby food fruit and veggies. She has 6 sparkling white teeth which are surprisingly sharp which also means I cannot give her any type of food to gnaw on. She bit a chunk out of the apple I gave her (which explains why I can't give her anything - I mean, apples are hard!) so Shawn picked up one of the mesh bags for babies that they can "eat" through...umm..well, don't recall the correct name for it! Anyway, she will now be able to chew on something other than a hammer, toy car, or basketball...etc...! Of course, if Landon continues to share his food with her - like he did his hotdog bun...yes, she had hold of a chunk of it..yikes! - than she will be good to go!
Morgan is working on sitting up for longer periods and is tipping over quite gracefully when she loses her balance. She has already started to pull herself around (just a couple of pulls) if she is trying to reach for a toy that has escaped her.

3 comments:

CALISTA said...

Sounds like she's progressed even since we've seen her! They grow up way too fast.

Vonnie said...

Oh I can't believe how big she is!! What a dollbaby!

Beth said...

Melanie, your little girl is adorable. Mom just gave me the six month picture you sent her. I am so happy for you and Shawn. You have such a good lookin' family. Love ya guys.