Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Monday, September 29, 2008

A Mamaw Moment


"Melanie is going to shoot me", were the words that tumbled out of my mother's mouth as she was showing my father the new gifts she brought home from vacation for her two grandsons.
No, I didn't shoot her...had a crazy week, so what was one more thing! :-) The only problem with getting new things like this, Mom, make sure I have a place to store them. ..smiles...Emily had to call me the other afternoon while she was babysitting to ask me where the glasses were at. And let me say this, she would never have thought to look where I had stashed them!

The glasses were a hit with the boys - Thanks, Mom!

Thought I would post a couple of pictures of Morgan, too.
Here is Morgan eating a banana...(it is inside the blue bag)
And here is Morgan eating her piggy toes - (I was trying to feed her cereal)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So absolutely adorable...yes, even your mom (what a great grandmother she is!!) The pics are so great

Vonnie said...

Love the glasses! I wana eat Morgan's toesies too!! :)

Janet said...

What cute pictures! I know you don't know me but my Mom and your Dad are first cousins! Your Dad sent a picture of Ethan after he and Marsha were at my parents 50th anniv. party in PA in 2005. And now you have 3 adorable kids! I enjoyed looking through your blog and also seeing pictures of your Mom and Dad and other people I know- Cessna's, Satterfields etc. (I found your blog through my sister Carla's -she lives in AK)

CALISTA said...

Hey, I remember having some glasses a little like those - mom used to complain about washing them... lol! I also enjoyed the pics of Morgan, and the foundation-digging pics!