Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Monday, February 9, 2009

Pretty Princess in Pink

"In raising children I have lost my mind but found my soul." - Lisa T. Shepherd
Happy 1st Birthday, Sarah Morgan!
On the eve of her birthday ~
My mom & I made Morgan's tutu and we bought the shirt and then I ironed on the crown/wording and glued the sequins on...fun!
Barbie Cake #2 ...since we couldn't have a party for her on her "real" birthday date, we celebrated twice...second time with extended family
Thanks to my Aunt Melly -who got me the tray- I made white chocolate covered pretzels...yes, the were scrumptious!Auntie Em & Sarah MorganHmm...what's up with that? Another one?Finger-lickin' good! Me no like messy hands...(says Morgan)
She didn't like to get her hands messy. When she was done getting a sugar high, she flung pink icing on the wall behind her!
This is what was in "the box" from my momAfter walking around bumming food off of her party friends, Morgan definitely IS Ms. PiggyThe boys are getting just as much fun squeezed out of Morgan's new toys as she isMorgan got some great new clothes from Nana and Aunt Kristina (and their families) The fun cookware was from Nana, too. Morgan also got some money from other family members through the mail...mommy will have fun shopping with her! Thank you, everybody, for making Morgan's 1st Birthday so very special!
Sarah Morgan Clemens
February 6, 2008

1 year old

24 pounds 14 ounces

31" in length

walking....trying out those chubby legs!


"I kiss you and kiss you, With arms round my own,
Ah, how shall I miss you, When, dear, you have grown"
- William Butler Yeats

6 comments:

Kim M. said...

What a nice party... good job! She is a cutie. I love your new background picture of her covered in flour (I recall experiencing that with my boys).

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, she's one already?!!! I always forget that she's that much older than Maddy. I can tell she's grown up alot even since Christmas! Walking?

Beautiful party....Love the tutu and the hair bow! Your mom had Jamie send me three bows, and I am a big FAN!

Carla said...

Love the pictures! Happy birthday to Morgan! (I know, she doesn't have a clue who I am :-) ) Wouldn't it be fun to get our kids together?

Nichole said...

Looks like a huge success of a party! Loved the tutu!

Vonnie said...

What a sweetie! Love all the pictures!

CALISTA said...

Your parties are the absolute cutest!! Loved all the pictures, the tutu, and the zebra stuff! Princess, indeed! She certainly looks like one to me!! =)