Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Friday, March 20, 2009

Sweet Success

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.
Ecclesiastes 9:10
ACE Convention is now over for another year. It is a sad week for me. You see, my father, my mother and my sister are all tied up for 5 days since my parents are judges and my sister is competing...I had to try and not call my mother and tell her every detail of my life so she could enjoy my sister...who got all the attention that week! :-) But I survived. Ha. But I guess I should say that it was also a happy week since my beautiful sister made so many great placements!! You go, sister!

Here is a list of the medals. She will also be going to Nationals to compete.

Essay: 1st

Dialogue: 1st

Small Ensemble: 2nd

Radio Broadcast: 2nd

Female Trio: 2nd

Short Story: 3rd

Mixed Trio: 3rd

Volleyball: 3rd

Science exhibit: 6th

CAPS Character and Potential Leadership: 6th 50 some points out of 60

Command Performance (you perform your event at night rally): Dialogue

Shawn's cousin, Katrina Newton, was also able to attend and she placed very well....I might get a few wrong (sorry, Katrina) but wanted to post her accomplishments as well.

Checkers: 1st

Scrapbooking: 1st

One mile run: 2nd

Archery: 2nd

Small Ensemble (with Emily): 2nd

Mixed Trio (with Emily): 3rd

Volleyball (with Emily): 3rd

Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
Colossians 3:17


4 comments:

Vonnie said...

Way to go Emily and Katrina!! This is really awesome!

Leah said...

GO, EMMY!!! I can only imagine that her dialogue command performance was amazing! Wish I could hear it!

Noah and Heather said...

That's great! Pass on my congratulations! That top picture is a little confusing, by the way. It seems odd to see Emmy holding a baby Mellanie! ;-p

Beth Stetler said...

So great! Congratulations!!