Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yes, a thousand times Yes

The reason St. Patrick's Day is so important around this household is for the special fact that Shawn asked me to be his wife on this day...Sunday, March 17th, 2002....here's a snapshot of that day...
Many things can happen, the sun could cast nothing but shadows, the sea could evaporate and the axis of the earth could break like crystal. Death could cover me, but in the flame of your love, I will never die.....Gustavo Adolf Becquer

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY
On a side note: The boys and I have made themed cupcakes for a few friends and we will have more "green" thinks for supper tonight, but one thing that Ethan is extra happy about: If Mawmaw doesn't have any green on today when he goes to play at her house he gets to pinch her! His whole face lit up when I told him that...BTW, the boys have green underwear on, so they are covered...(in more than one sense of the word!!!)

3 comments:

Vonnie said...

Awww, Happy "anniversary". :)

Janella Thompson said...

You are so funny. I have to agree the day our sweeties asked us to be there "one and only" Will probably always be special.

I love your posts of your kids...makes me anxious to have my own stories.
You make a wonderful mother...and I am sure Shawn is a wonderful Father.

CALISTA said...

Cool! Our St. Patty's Day this year was special because we got to find out that our baby is a boy. =) But I did forget to wear green. Oh well! One pinch isn't too bad, really. =)