As I have said in an earlier blog, Landon is already doing the terrible two stage. The first two pictures: The boys have started to really get into looking at their books, so it didn't bother me that the books were all over the floor. What DID bother me was the fact that there were branches all over, too. My puny tree! Ahh! Guess who pulled each one out - you guessed it! As Ethan would say, "Landon did it!" Luckily, I was able to "put it back together again."
The other picture: He was actually being great on this shopping trip. He was having fun making a tower.
Well, I would like to know if other mothers are going through these frustrations with an almost two year old!!! Let me know.
Landon is being potty trained because I was trying to get him out of diapers before the baby comes. He loves getting on the potty and really does a great job. Well, I use pull-ups and big boy undies for him lately. He has the "dirty" part down good. :-) He takes off his undies and then proudly "dirties" on the floor, leaving little droppings everywhere. He has NOT "dirtied" in his diaper for over a week!...just on the floor! Yesterday I saw him with no undies and went after him. There was a puddle of urine on the bathroom floor with just one lone "dirty" mixed in! Ha ha I just had to laugh. He knows not to go in his pants, just can't get the rest accomplished. He still does wet in his pants, but I think he might be starting to catch on. Anyway, my mom got him a potty chair since he doesn't get on the big toilet by himself, she thought this might help. We shall see.
Well, I am not giving up. It is pretty funny. He isn't even two yet, and it helps that he does a majority of going potty in the toilet. So I guess we have succeeded a little. Keep you posted. Thank God for Melaleuca. (And everyone who knows what this is - is laughing right now!)
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
God laughed - I did too!
Posted by Melanie C. at 1/22/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
So glad to hear that Carli and Olivia aren't the only ones who know how to tear their rooms apart in a matter of moments!
Landon is doing my better than Olivia. She loves to sit on the big potty. She won't sit on the little one at all now, but I have to stand over her so I can tell if she's gone, and of course, she hasn't gone once since sitting on the big potty. But she sits there and laughs at herself! Oh, and she wets or "stinkies" her pullup and takes it off as soon as she does. I think she would live naked if I'd let her. Maybe I should. It'd save on laundry! :)
How much longer? What is the dr. saying by this point.
Oh, and I was actually trying not to laugh at the dr's attempt to find the heartbeat. Mine was SO loud, you would have thought I was nervous or something (I WAS naked under a paper shirt and blanket, you know!). He finally said, "Will you just turn off you heart for a minute?" Which of course, made me want to laugh harder.
That is so funny!!! As the saying goes... "been there, done that".
Email me at mjkmatlock@yahoo.com and give me your email and I'll give you some great potty training tips if you want.
So cute!! I'm glad you could fix your plant... I thought it was real. I never even tried to potty train my boys before about 3 yrs of age... it was impossible. And by the time they turned three they were begging to be potty trained. :)
Melanie,
Hey, I was happy to find your blogspot. Tell Shawn hello for us.
Wish we could come visit your church. We are in Wyoming now. You probably already knew that though. Come and see us.
The Atnip's
Melanie,
I just found your blog through Melodie's! :>)
You're more courageous on the potty training . . . I was hoping, but finally decided to wait till after our baby arrives next month.
I had to laugh at play-doh in the nose . . . Gracie put a piece of macaroni up her nostril. She blew and blew, then finally sneezed in out since there was no way for me to reach it! Kids!
Congratulations on #3 and a little lady! Maybe we'll see you at IHC.
Take care!
Liz Stetler
I found your blog!! This has been a lot of fun-- catching up with your family! Your boys are SO adorable!! Looking forward to seeing that baby girl soon too!
I laughed and laughed as I read about Landon's unique comprehension of potty training! Little boys remind me so much of puppies!!
Melanie, You don't know me... I am the daughter of Tom & Kathy Wallace - friends of your parents. I found your blog from Tracey Millers'. Anyways.... I have 4 kids - 2 boys (oldest) and 2 girls. My boys were FAR harder to train than my girls. My boys were almost 3 before they learned. My girls were just shy of 2. With My 2nd boy I finally gave up. I totally was at my wits end. He was doing exactly what your little guy is doing. We live in a parsonage so explained poop marks to the board just isn't on my "most exciting things to do" list. One day I had it. I called my mom and said, "you better come get this kid because I'm about to sell him no ebay." After some calming down from my mom I finally told her this, "Well, I'm through with potty training him. He can walk down the aisle to meet his bride wearing a diaper for all I care. I'll let HER potty train him." Well, needless to say, he IS potty trained now - many years before he'll meet his bride. :-) Potty training is truly the ONLY part of motherhood that I detest.
Good luck!!
Julie Wallace Gurnee
Post a Comment