Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Six "long and glorious" years ago Shawn asked me to be his wife. Obviously, you know the answer to that question!
I was in my senior year of school (just switched from a school I had attended all my life to spending my last year at a new one). My parents thought that Steve Craig was a wonderful man and principal so we ended up at his school - that was also where Shawn was residing, whose father just happened to be the pastor of the church/school.
After just a few weeks at our new home, Shawn asked me out - as friends. As friends, on our 3rd date, he asked me to be his girlfriend. As his girlfriend, six months later, he asked me to be his wife. His parents had our family over for Sunday dinner (also St. Patrick's Day) and Shawn got down on his knee and proposed. Thus followed a beautiful watch (and a smooch! oh my!) Seven months later there was a wedding celebration. Now, 6 years later, I am glad he asked, and I am glad I answered, yes!
I made the cake for our St. Patrick's Day Dinner.....Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Icing...anyone joining us?
Monday, March 17, 2008
He asked, I answered "yes"
Posted by Melanie C. at 3/17/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What a sweet love story! May you have many more happy years together.
Nice story. Looks like a yummy cake!! Luck o' the Irish to ya'. (in my very best irish accent :)
You're doing such an awesome job on your cakes! Congratulations to Emmy on her ACE awards!
I've enjoyed catching up... I've been running like crazy lately!!!!
Your cakes look great! (did you tranquilize your kids so you could do this or what?!)
Nice job on the cake! I'll be over if it's not all gone by now! lol! Congrats on the anniversary of your proposal. I kinda remember hearing about that from someone :):)
Wow! Joe and I have been married 6 1/2 years now too! But we only have one kid, so we have some catching up to do! Your whole dating/proposal story is WAY more romantic than ours. For as bad as our dating experience (and his "proposal"!) was, our marriage is the best I could imagine! Go figure!
Melanie, Thanks for visiting my blog. I guess I "know" you more through your parents and had forgotten you were related to Pam. I took the the Wilton classes (there are three different levels) after I'd been decorating for 4-5 years. By that time I'd already learned what was most comfortable and easiest for me so I'm not a true Wilton cake decorator. Their classes are good although it looks like you've already progressed through what they would teach you at level one. Most craft stores (like Michael's) and cake/candy supply stores have these classes that you can sign up for. Wilton produces a yearbook every year that has a lot of wonderful ideas. Now, the past 7 years or so I've not been as impressed with the yearbooks because they've taken on a more contemporary look with all the new icings and techniques that are becoming so popular. What's strange is when I do wedding cakes very rarely do I have someone ask for something that contemporary. Most brides still prefer the traditional look. My preference is to work with buttercream icing and not the fondant so I'm happy with the traditional methods. I still use the newer yearbooks to get ideas though and usually just use the materials I'm comfortable using to recreate the general design they have come up with. There are several magazines that are dedicated to cake decorating but I like American Cake Decorating the best. Cake decorating to me is fun. It has become more challenging with children...they have a way of personalizing them if I don't watch closely! Wedding cakes are stressful, I'd rather do birthday and baby/wedding showers but so far those cakes are few and far between. Best wishes!
So glad you said "yes". You're a great daughter and you and Shawn sure do make sweet grandbabies.
Love you,
Mom C., Sheryl, Nana
Post a Comment