Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Art Smarts


Last weekend Shawn went on his yearly hunting trip to Bedford. As usual, the kiddos and I caught up with him a couple days later. Emily went with me (as my bodyguard!) and we enjoyed getting to go to Sunday Morning Worship at our "old home church".
On the way home, Shawn took the boys with him in his truck. (Em and I had such a relaxing trip home since we just had Morgan - who slept over half of the way home!) The boys love passing the time on the road by scribbling on many, many post-it notes their daddy keeps in his truck. Ethan is getting to where he draws things and they actually look like what he was trying to draw. One of his pictures was a dog. Shawn looked at it and saw that, yes, it was the profile of a dog. The dog had a tail, mouth and tongue, but only one eye. "Where is the other eye?", Shawn asked. "I could only draw one eye, you can't see the other one!", Ethan replied.

2 comments:

Kim M. said...

My boys are the same way.... they LOVE to draw!!! Sticky notes are the BEST!


I have started getting art books from the library (to help them see how to draw different things), and leaving them in the library box I keep in the living room. When they say "Mom can I have some paper?", I remind them that if they want, they can also use the art books to sketch.

Vonnie said...

My boys love to draw too. It is fun to see what they are thinking when they are drawing.